• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

canadian looking for cucv

canuck2a

I know its been asked before but is there a canadian source for cucv's and if not is there anyone on here that exports these vehicles. or knows how to privately export these.

KsM715

If you cant find on up there you can try most any of the big surplus dealers down here. I believe Memphis Equip. and Eastern Surplus both have export license's. IIRC I think SteelSoldiers member StreetbikeDepot may have an export license.

tamecrow

I know its been asked before but is there a canadian source for cucv's and if not is there anyone on here that exports these vehicles. or knows how to privately export these.
I bought mine in Arkansas and had it shipped to Nova Scotia with no problems. If you buy one privately in the US, just arrange the shipping yourself, or drive it home. It's no different than importing any other vehicle into Canada from the US.

KsM715

I bought mine in Arkansas and had it shipped to Nova Scotia with no problems. If you buy one privately in the US, just arrange the shipping yourself, or drive it home. It's no different than importing any other vehicle into Canada from the US.

It might not be any big deal to you on that side of the boarder but to the person that sold it to you it could be. If he wasnt authorized to sell it to you. CUCV's are EUC items and controlled accordingly. I know most here are going to say its no big deal, it's just a chevy pick-up or blazer, but we still have laws that should be followed.

Thats just my opinion.

tamecrow

Canada is Exempt

It might not be any big deal to you on that side of the boarder but to the person that sold it to you it could be. If he wasnt authorized to sell it to you. CUCV's are EUC items and controlled accordingly. I know most here are going to say its no big deal, it's just a chevy pick-up or blazer, but we still have laws that should be followed.

Thats just my opinion.

Canadians can import any US military vehicle as long as it's not armored or nuclear powered. Before 2001, there were some restrictions, but since that time Canada is exempt from the export rule. All laws were followed when I imported my CUCV. I imported it as a decommissioned US Army CUCV, and not disguised as a regular pickup. US customs said no problem. Check it out.

International Traffic In Arms Regulations - PART 126-GENERAL POLICIES AND PROVISIONS

Last edited:

canuck2a

so you came to the u.s bought the unit and then waited for it to clear customs, I really have no idea how it works since any info i can find is on newer vehicles it is hard to find shipping info on older units.

tamecrow

so you came to the u.s bought the unit and then waited for it to clear customs, I really have no idea how it works since any info i can find is on newer vehicles it is hard to find shipping info on older units.
You have to fax or mail a copy of the vehicle permit to the border crossing you intend to take the vehicle across 72 hours before the vehicle arrives there. The actual permit has to be in the vehicle when it arrives at the border. This is so all the paperwork will be cleared for export by the time the truck reaches the border. Here's a site with some info. on importing vehicles from the US to Canada.

Registrar of Imported Vehicles - Importing a Vehicle

dkydfireman

I did the same thing as tamecrowand no trouble getting across the border.
I emailed US Customs after reading some of the info that was posted on here about the process.
Their response was "as long as its been released from the armed forces and been assingned a title there would be no issue's".
The only hard part is to find someone to sell you one that your importing into Canada.

You can PM myself or tamecrow for the info on the shipping outfit we used. Best price I could find by a long shot.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks