• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Canadian Looking for US M101

Injunfarian

Hello, I am a dual citizen(Canadian and US)... Although I was born and currently reside in Canada.

I am interested in purchasing a US M101 that belongs behind the HMMWV(I currently have a M104-CDN but it is a bit large for my Hummer).

I was wondering what the process would be to purchase one and bring it across... I know most carry the demil code "Q" that requires it to be turned into scrap outside US but do any one know if any were released without the demil code "Q"?

Thanks

Lex_Ordo

That demil code is only for the original buyer out of GL. Once it is in private hands, there is no obligation. You need to locate a current private owner looking to sell.

Nonotagain

Unless you are a wiz at export paperwork, your best and legal method of obtaining a M101a3 is to talk to one of the dealers in the trade that has an export license.

I think Eastern Surplus in PA has such a license and should be able to help you.

There are a few members here that are Canadian that own deuces and such and may chime in.

The demil Q means that the item is listed on ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulations)
US State Department - Policy - Directorate of Defense Trade Controls not impossible to purchase but a few more hoops to jump thru.

Injunfarian

Thanks for all the information. I think I will be making a couple phone calls(to the border agencies on both sides).

Hopefully being dual citizen will save some headaches heh.