• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Canadian MLVW wheels

WPNS421

No problem, I have an extra basket w rack and I can get you a hard top. The roof basket and hard top fit on the m35 with no problems or modifcations. PM me Gilles

WPNS421

I will say no to running the rims on stocks wheels. The rims mounted backwards will have the tires on the outside of the box. Try mounting a regular tire backward on the hub and you'll see the effect. Also in many places you it is illegal to have the tires protruding from the box as they cause excessive amounts of spray.

jesusgatos

I will say no to running the rims on stocks wheels. The rims mounted backwards will have the tires on the outside of the box. Try mounting a regular tire backward on the hub and you'll see the effect. Also in many places you it is illegal to have the tires protruding from the box as they cause excessive amounts of spray.
I would guess that he was talking about running the wheels like that with the hubs in a dually configuration, not flipped for singles. In that case, I think the only issue would be whether the backside of the wheels was chamferred or not. Oh, and then there's the potential wheel-to-brake drum interference. Not sure if any part of the beadlock ring might keep the wheel from seating properly. But if it clears, and the lug holes are chamferred...

number9

Yes, that is what I meant.

I want to single my truck out, don't want to run the big 395s, don't want to flip the hubs and don't want it to look like a railroad truck either. Would like to run the Firestone T831's in some configuration that looks good but doesn't sit too far under the bed. :/

jesusgatos

I want to single my truck out, don't want to run the big 395s, don't want to flip the hubs and don't want it to look like a railroad truck either. Would like to run the Firestone T831's in some configuration that looks good but doesn't sit too far under the bed. :/

I'm running those T831's and this is what I'm doing for wheels. Hoping to finish-up the last of them this week.

WPNS421

Hey wpns did you paint your truck or did it come that color I really like it.
We painted the truck, I really like this color it is a nice dark green. We had 10 gals and now we have 2 -3 left. We will be reordering some. The name of the paint is US Marine Forest Green. Here are a few pictures. (I hope!!)

Last edited:

charlietango

definitely can not run these wheels backwards. you need to flip the hubs in order for it to not look 'rail-road' tracked mounted properly. It took me about 1 hr to do each hub flip so far in the slop melting snow. If I can do it in that you can definitely do it on something dry quite easily. My shop offered to do them for the same as doing a wheel seal replacement and that was 1.5hrs shop rate. Maybe you have someone that will do it for that.

1 more to finish tomorrow and its done. will update photos then

charlietango

Just curious, how wide are those rims? Thanks.
I don't know actually. I can measure the tire thats on it for an approximation but I don't have one with the tire off.

varyag if WPN does not get ahold of you let me know. shipping might be atrocious from Canada to you though with customs etc...

Last edited:

charlietango

Updated Ad! Deuce Rims. Wheels for Tubeless tires For Sale! - Steel Soldiers::Military Vehicles Supersite

AZDeuce, go to that classified ad, Ron has a clear photo of a tape measure on a bare rim.

They quite comfortably fit a 14.5R20's too by the looks of it.

on another note, Ron how did you mount that spare? Did you just hammer in longer stove bolts and add a nut to stop the wheel at a certain spot? I got mine all the way up until I realized the deck bolts and the wheel offset did not like each other. I need a picture of what you did either way.

thanks
Davin

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Updated Ad! Deuce Rims. Wheels for Tubeless tires For Sale! - Steel Soldiers::Military Vehicles Supersite

AZDeuce, go to that classified ad, Ron has a clear photo of a tape measure on a bare rim.

They quite comfortably fit a 14.5R20's too by the looks of it.

on another note, Ron how did you mount that spare? Did you just hammer in longer stove bolts and add a nut to stop the wheel at a certain spot? I got mine all the way up until I realized the deck bolts and the wheel offset did not like each other. I need a picture of what you did either way.

thanks
Davin
Great work on the truck Davin!
On my M35 I'm carrying the 11R20 Michelin on a stock deuce wheel,(used a 11R20 Radial tube and the 9.00 flap). I have not made the modification yet that is required to mount one of these wheels in that position like the M35A3's. To mount one of these in the spare tire location requires moving the tire winch mount outward, downward, and back. Also flipping the bed mount bolts to the upside makes more room also.
Here are some pics from another thread.

Attachments

AZDeuce

Charlietango, thanks for the link with the measurements. I'm currently running 395s on stock rims, with no problems, but would like to update to wider rims when financially able to do so. I like these, but due to shipping from Canada, I'd say my best bet will be modified HEMMET rims.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks