• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Canadian security cages

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
Does anyone have any information about the aluminum security cages for the Canadian CUCV's or the earlier Canadian pickups? I've seen them on m135s, MLVWs, and 3/4 ton trailers but haven't seen any pics of the CUCV ones. I've got one that I was told came off a Canadian truck that I will be trying to put on my m1028 (second pic). I know I will need to find a Canadian cargo cover or mod the American one because it will be too short. Thanks!
IMG_0009%20(3).jpgDSCN0254.jpg

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just saw an ad on craigslist locally for a camper (civilian) K5 blazer. Seriously, a stand-inside camper that goes in place of the topper on the back.

Not too long ago I saw a guy selling a NOS back panel that turns a K5 into a pickup truck- it seals off the passenger compartment from the bed and had a window.

Weird stuff out there. Oh, and sorry that I'm no help whatsoever to your OP. :D

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
Ask Rob Love on Mapleleafup.net . I never saw one of these, but I tried to keep distance from the MPs .... unless I had to get my course candidates out of custody.
Thanks for the info. I found that site during my extensive search, the cages are mentioned a few times. Looks like I'll need to sign up over there.

K9Vic

I just saw an ad on craigslist locally for a camper (civilian) K5 blazer. Seriously, a stand-inside camper that goes in place of the topper on the back.
That would be a K5 Blazer Chalets and was an official vehicle option approved by GM sold at dealers in 76 & 77. I saw one last year also on CL and thought about putting it on my M1009, but did not.
http://www.blazerchalet.com/

Not too long ago I saw a guy selling a NOS back panel that turns a K5 into a pickup truck- it seals off the passenger compartment from the bed and had a window.
I have one and it was a aftermarket part that was really cool and today is highly wanted item for K5 owners. Never installed it on a M1009, but I have it if I ever get one again and decided to do the mod.

P1015017.jpgIMG_9538.jpg

ssdvc

I like the ones the Border Patrol used on their Blazers. Someone on here had a set. They cover each area of glass on the 1009 and the windshield one flips down out of the way and the rear flips up when not needed. I would love to find a set for myself.

Those cages are pretty cool! They would've been handy to have back when I was working security at music festivals. We could've used them to detain people that were being stupid. Were they just used to lock up weapons/ammo, equipment, etc? Were they ever intended for prisoner transport?

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
Those cages are pretty cool! They would've been handy to have back when I was working security at music festivals. We could've used them to detain people that were being stupid. Were they just used to lock up weapons/ammo, equipment, etc? Were they ever intended for prisoner transport?
I've heard they were used to lock up stuff like weapons/ammo and other important equipment. I don't think it would work good for prisoner transport, I'd bet it wouldn't take much to bust through the side of it. A local MV owner said they had cages like it on their stateside trucks in the 60's to protect troops from people throwing rocks/bottles.

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
Here's some more pics: The first is a Canadian International, the second is some Canadian m135's, the first has a field-modded cage, a few down the line also have cages.
120426_truck.jpgimage44.jpg

Here is an m925a2 that sold on GL a couple of weeks ago.
53389576_gl_tiny_thumb.jpg53389577_gl_tiny_thumb.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks