• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Canadian vs US CUCV keys

Fred431

Does anyone know if the keys are the same for a US vs a Canadian CUCV. I have a Canadian M1008 and need to pick up a US M1009 in Chambersburg. I found the key code on this forum but do not to want to go to a locksmith if my key will fit

Thanks

Fred

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't know the answer but a complete key and cylinder lock is not all that much($35ish at NAPA) and can be done pretty quickly with the correct tools handy. Worst case, bring a puller,hammer, socket wrench and screwdrivers and new lock cylinder to change the lock.

Fred431

Canadian vs US

There is a MV show in Lowell Ma tomorrow. I know several people with CUCV's will be there. Maybe one will have a original key to compare my Canadian one to. Hopefully they will be the same otherwise I will go to the chevy dealer with the vin and have one made. I dont have the tools or the desire to pull the steering wheel apart in GL's lot in Chambersburg but thanks for your help anyway

Fred

Fred431

Canadian vs US

BC I will be wearing a red and grey coat I havnt got a pony tail . wish I had the hair to grow one I will look for the pony tail and give it a tug when I locate you

Fred

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks