• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Canadian vs US CUCV keys

Fred431

Does anyone know if the keys are the same for a US vs a Canadian CUCV. I have a Canadian M1008 and need to pick up a US M1009 in Chambersburg. I found the key code on this forum but do not to want to go to a locksmith if my key will fit

Thanks

Fred

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't know the answer but a complete key and cylinder lock is not all that much($35ish at NAPA) and can be done pretty quickly with the correct tools handy. Worst case, bring a puller,hammer, socket wrench and screwdrivers and new lock cylinder to change the lock.

Fred431

Canadian vs US

There is a MV show in Lowell Ma tomorrow. I know several people with CUCV's will be there. Maybe one will have a original key to compare my Canadian one to. Hopefully they will be the same otherwise I will go to the chevy dealer with the vin and have one made. I dont have the tools or the desire to pull the steering wheel apart in GL's lot in Chambersburg but thanks for your help anyway

Fred

Fred431

Canadian vs US

BC I will be wearing a red and grey coat I havnt got a pony tail . wish I had the hair to grow one I will look for the pony tail and give it a tug when I locate you

Fred