• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cancer Erradication begins

Crazyguypa

I just got my M1009 back from having the IP rebuilt and new injectors put in, it runs likes a raped ape now.

Inspection is due at the end of the month and I knew there was no way the truck was going to pass with the rocker panels in the state that they were. Living in the northeast, body rust is just a natural occurrance.... especially if you drive your vehicle in the winter.

So begins the trucks cancer erradication..... it was worse than I thought once I started pulling everything apart. No turning back now, time to start cutting away the bad parts and welding in some new metal. I'm by no means a motor head or body work magician, but it going to be 100x's better than it looks right now.

the pictures below show some of the work ahead...

Attachments

Crazyguypa

I now figured out why the guy before me had plates underneath the seat frames..... cracked the metal around the bolt holes.

the last 2 pics are from behind the passenger seat where the wires for the radio mount come through.

I've got the metal already, so now all I need are some nice days to work outside, some days off to do it and alot of patience... gonna take my time and do it right.

Attachments

Luck with replacing metal.Mine was about the same condition. Just purchased a 4x8 sheet of 18g and went a buddys metal shop with measurments. I one pc. that made up the rocker backer,tough and floor metal needed. purchased rockers from rockauto 12 dollars each and a mig welder from harbor frieght. Total out of pocket under 150 dollars.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks