• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Canines and dueces

paulfarber

I am awaiting my first M35a2 EUC to clear.

After reading lots of recovery posts, I keep seeing the same thing... the cab noise is bad.

What opinions are there regarding driving with your hound? I have a pack of 5 and would like to either throw them in the bed or in the cab...

Anyone have really bad pets-n-deuces experience?

Any tips?

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Well...no bad experiences with Baby Bear riding in the cab...except you can't move an MV or a civvy truck in the compound without him crying to ride!!:D

I would not be comfortable with him riding in the bed though. In fact...it's illegal in Columbus, GA unless the pet is tethered so it cannot jump out.:beer:(Thats without tarps/cover etc)

Last edited:

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
The first and only trip I took my dog on in a duece, she crapped all over and tried getting out under the canvas cab top. Their ears are too sensitive or my dog is a big sissy.

knowlesz71

I have a great dane (150lbs) and a chocolate lab (65lbs) and they love to go for rides. Whenever i start the deuce up they go crazy, i just load them up in the back, as it might be a lil too loud in the cab for them.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Don't blame the pooch

The first and only trip I took my dog on in a duece, she crapped all over and tried getting out under the canvas cab top. Their ears are too sensitive or my dog is a big sissy.
I just wonder if that truck is a FRIGGIN WHISTLER??:deadhorse:

Has the same effect on me as your pooch:beer:

Carl_in_NH

Try riding around in a deuce without any hearing protection yourself; if it’s painful for you, it will be even more so for the animal.

I drove six miles one morning in my stock deuce with hardtop without hearing protection, and I’ll _never_ do that again – nor will I bring either of my two dogs with me unless and until I muffle the exhaust and add some additional sound deadening to the cab.

Never tried transporting them in the back - but it's still pretty loud out there.

rlwm211

I did two things to make it quieter for my Golden Retriever. I installed a DYNOMAX muffler on the stack and extended it up as far as it would go. (I did not cut the pipe when I welded the muffler in).

I also run with the passenger window shut and I also only crack the windshield on the passenger side when it is hot out. I open the driver's side as much as necessary to get the cab ventilated.

It seemed that raising the outlet of the stack probably did more than anything else to quiet things down. The meuffler took the Blat out of the exhaust as well. The proof is the 1500 miles my dog rode with me in the deuce this year. I also know it is possible to carry on a conversation in the cab now and you really could not before.

Just my two cents.
RL

hole

My husky mix loves to go with me, anywhere. She comes to the jobsite and does just fine with saws and banging etc. The first 1/2 dozen rides in the Deuce she enjoyed, but they where all relatively short rides. I took her for a 60 mile ride, and after that she wants no part of that truck. She bolts for the house once I fire Piglet up now, too loud for her.

eldgenb

my dogs are ok with a hard top that is insulated well with a d turbo deuce. I drove my girls around in a whistler with no top on and it was like someone lit a fire under their seat. Would not do it again stock. You can add a small muffler to the stack and it makes it 10x better for everyone.

dittle

Too loud for my dogs as well. My 85 lb Blue Heeler tries to sit on my lap when I'm driving it around so its no more rides for him. Maybe a parade but he'll get to the parade in a different vehicle.

usmc320

All 3 of my dogs like it. I have a D turbo and hardtop though. I ride with the passenger window up with them in the cab.

The Gimlis

Our mutt, Nikki, is partially deaf so it doesn't bother her a bit. One advantage of the camper and the go-thru from the cab to the camper part, is she can either hang with us up front (on my lap of course) or go to sleep on her bed in the back.

Picture is this Thanksgiving in Death Valley Calif.

Attachments

Stonewall

My chocolate lab, Oliver, always rides with me in the cab. I usually crack the passenger windshield and roll down his window. the truck is his as much as it is mine. whenever I walk toward it, he goes nuts. gets in and out himself. he can even jump into the the back, when the tailgate is down.

midcounty

I have wondered this myself. I tried it with our minpin, and he loved it. Haven't let my rottie ride in it yet, partially because I don't feel like wrestling a 150 plus rottie if he decides he doesn't like it half way through the ride. Just for those wondering, mine is a whistler with a hard top and no added muffler. When minpin rode the pass window was down and he didn't seem to mind.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks