• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cannot remove hydraulic Head LDS motor 465-1c

tonidial

The only part I didn't do is measure the the balancer- I put the IP timing mark in the top of the window, barely visible and the seated the shaft, but had to roll the jack shaft further back to get the quill gear in line with the center of the piston. I had solider 'b' use his finger on the H.H. piston to feel when it stopped retreating before we attempted to seat the quill shaft from below.

I will try the control rod again, but yes I connected the link for the govenor minus the D clip - perhaps it rattled loose after start. It'll probably be next weekend before I get a chance to revisit this.

Thanks

tonidial

Were you running this without the govenor linkage fully clipped togeather? The only way to shut the engine off is to pull the fuel control rod to the rear which lowers the fuel control block on the HH piston. You need to take the control shaft out and be sure the little end piece is in the end of the shaft and that the linkage is firmly assymbled. Is it now correctly timed?
Stole sometime last night between dusk and dark to revisit - and multiple faults were found. The paw on the fuel control rod was not actually engaged to the control block. The control block was at the top of the opening and the control rod was sitting at the middle or so - which explains the high idle.... I found I had overtighted the retaining screws on the control rod such that the rod would not pivot and held the govenor link to an acclerated position. Naturally I got this resolved just as darkness was overtaking me and was unable to test, not to mention I think I couldn't get the stop cover screws to line up - which indictates I possible put the point of the control rod holder in the wrong orientation.....

tonidial

OK this is just miserable... I fixed the fuel control rod so the stop cover would go on correctly.. and the reconnected the fuel lines. Said a small prayer and started the truck. Rough idle and No. 6 on the H.H. is spitting fuel.... but wait, I tightened that before I started the engine and it seemed awfully loose. No. 6 and No 4 injector lines are brand new...

I pulled the stop handle and the engine quit. I then loosened the No. 6 Injector Line at the H.H. and found the crimped-on bullet is now stuck in the H.H free of the injector line.

I tried to pull it out with a pair of long-nose pliers and tried to loosen it with a punch and hammer (gently), but no luck ; then it got dark again... I'm looking for suggestions here.. has this happened to anybody else?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks