• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can't figure out how to remove fuse box

TCD

Howdy,

I am installing a Craig 73 Communications box on my 923-a2. I want to remove two fuse boxes and I would prefer to remove them without simply destroying them as someone may be able to use them for their project...

Here are the boxes I want to remove:

Fuse-box-b.jpg Fuse-box-a.jpg

It appears to me that grinding the inside rivets will require cutting out all of the insides.

All thoughts, comments and suggestions Greatly Appreciated!

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:

Csm Davis

Howdy,

I am installing a Craig 73 Communications box on my 923-a2. I want to remove two fuse boxes and I would prefer to remove them without simply destroying them as someone may be able to use them for their project...

Here are the boxes I want to remove:

View attachment 642319 View attachment 642320

It appears to me that grinding the inside rivets will require cutting out all of the insides.

All thoughts, comments and suggestions Greatly Appreciated!

Tom
Drill the rivets from the outside looks like you can access all of them from the outside

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

TCD

Howdy Jeff,

The rivets do not go all of the way through to the interior wall so drilling/grinding the rivets from the outside is required. I was hoping to learn of a way to remove the guts of the box without destroying them to facilitate easy access to drilling the rivets.

This weekend I will cut out the insides and then remove the rivets.

Thanks for the comments!

Tom

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks