• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can't figure out why it won't start

anjay22

I have been working on my duece for a while and it won't start. My injector pump at the top moves up and down and fluid comes out when the pump is on and when the plug is removed from the side, fluid comes out as well when the fuel is turned on. I have fuel but nothing is getting to the hydraulic head. I took the lines off to even see if fluid is moving, and nothing.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

rustystud

So your saying that with the center plug on the Hydraulic Head removed, the valve is moving up and down. Is it spinning too ?
You also took out the twelve point plug on the side of the Hydraulic Head, and fuel came out under pressure. Correct ?
But you have no fuel coming out the injection lines. Then I would say your fuel rod is stuck in the off position.
There are a "bazillion" threads on fixing that here.

anjay22

So your saying that with the center plug on the Hydraulic Head removed, the valve is moving up and down. Is it spinning too ?
You also took out the twelve point plug on the side of the Hydraulic Head, and fuel came out under pressure. Correct ?
But you have no fuel coming out the injection lines. Then I would say your fuel rod is stuck in the off position.
There are a "bazillion" threads on fixing that here.
That is correct. The valve does move up and down and I did take out the twelve point plug and fluid came out. I know this is redundant because I too have read this over and over again. I have been doing tons of research in regards to this, but I am the guy that is the epitome to every example. I am just so frustrated because I want to fix my truck so I can get to Houston to help out. I will check the fuel rod and give it a go. Thank you guys and I will keep you posted.

anjay22

My question is, if the fuel rod is stuck, then how does that relate to the fuel shutoff when it is fully engaged inside the cab and is functional at 5 and 7 o'clock. Is the rod behind that simply not moving as intended?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Yes, when the "cap" over the fuel shut off rod moves, there IS NOT positive engagement and the rod might not move. I'd pull the cap and move the shut off rod with your fingers.

If there is any resistance to movement, that is not good.

anjay22

Well, I pulled out the shutoff rod and cleaned off both and the "tit" by taking it out. It kind of reminded me of a LIFE game piece. I put it all back together a and still nothing. I watched for fuel to come out if the hh and it's dry. On the other hand I pulled the center plug on the hh and it moves up and down and the 12 point on the side has fuel that comes out with the plug removed. I am still lost. I am done for the day, but I think I need to mess with the fuel shutoff rod again. It does feel tighter when the fuel shutoff is pulled

anjay22

Well, I pulled out the shutoff rod and cleaned off both and the "tit" by taking it out. It kind of reminded me of a LIFE game piece. I put it all back together a and still nothing. I watched for fuel to come out if the hh and it's dry. On the other hand I pulled the center plug on the hh and it moves up and down and the 12 point on the side has fuel that comes out with the plug removed. I am still lost. I am done for the day, but I think I need to mess with the fuel shutoff rod again. It does feel tighter when the fuel shutoff is pulled

Oh, and fuel does come out of the center plug when the battery switch is on...

mmeridith

Pull the hydraulic head & check the shaft... mine died last month and found the problem was a damaged hh shaft. Would not start without gas or SF, only run 2000 rpm & higher & would not idle. I imported some chicom heads and it runs fine now. Still have a few left if anyone is looking, comes with button & clip. PM for details.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

anjay22

Well my big issue is this, my truck was running wonderfully until I had to work non stop and then attempted to start her up 6 months later with no luck

anjay22

Yeah, it's no good. The clip and the button was sitting on the bottom when I pulled the hh. One end on the clip broke off

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks