• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cant find lift kit for M1008

roberbert101

The M1008 is a 1984 K30 pickup with a J code 6.2L diesel, i think its a ton 1/4 actually but you looking for a spring to level it or to lift all the way around? we used to use steel blocks to lift up to 6 inches and just replaced the U bolts or you could find someone to re arch the leafs.

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
Its not good to use lift blocks on the front axle. He needs new leaf springs for the front,but is having trouble finding them.

mangus580

Dont discount the springs just because they are only 2.5" wide vs 3". They will come with the proper bushings to accommodate the width, and should live up to the rating just fine.

maritimer

if your going add-a-leafs the individual leafs from a sprung axle of a school buss or 5 ton straight truck, are wide enough and if your using the leafs fro ma straight truck the second and thrid down per pack are the right length ; )

rockspider

On mine I have front 4" HD Tuff Country with thicker HD shackles (with 1/2" bolts), the rear stock leaf pack less 2 shorter leafs (remove the upper overload pack if you have it, but keep the straight thick overload leaf between leaf pack and perches), then 2.5" shackle flip with 6" HD shackles.
It sits perfectly level with no blocks at all (which is good at preventing springwrap) and the 2.5" shackle flip was also good for the pinion angle, just reversed the stock tapered shim and was OK.
Full complements of PU bushings and greasable bolts.
All of the above from OffRoadDesign, have to say Stephen knows those rigs very well and his suggestions were great!
Don't have a RTI number for flex, but on a forklift got the front 35" tire 4 feet in the air before lifting the rear. A+ :grin:

Croatan_Kid

I used Tuff Counrty too and also got all my parts from Off Road Design. If you've got the money, wait until they have their Christmas/New Years sale! You'll get 10% off some items and free shipping on others! Trust me, it adds up fast. Springs are kinda costly to ship.