• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can't get a break... fuel system trouble.

msoumas

So I started my M1009 this morning, same as always, it starts right up and is ready to go. I was waiting on the girlfriend so I ended up idling around 5 minutes before I got going. I got around the block and started to make a turn when it stalled, causing me to miss the turn altogether due to sudden lack of power steering. I started it up again, it idled for a few seconds, died. Again, same results. If I kept the engine above idle it was fine, so I ended up doing a neutral/drive/brakes/gas dance for about a mile. I slipped up and didn't shift into neutral at a stop, but after the engine had a bit more time to warm up or whatever, it didn't stall. I got the rest of the way to work just fine, but I'm afraid that it might do the same thing on the way home tonight.

What are the possible causes of this? The fuel filter is new as of less than 100 miles ago, and this is a completely out of the blue sort of problem. Please, tell me it's not the injection pump. I can't afford one of them right now. :?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Can

Check for chafed lines all the way back to the tank. Chances are good it's drawing air into the system from somewhere on the suction side of the lift pump.

msoumas

Re: RE: Can

CCATLETT1984 said:
once started sucking air results in surging. I would swap the fuel filter, then go from there.
Would it really foul that quickly after I changed it last week as part of a troubleshooting process? The old one was... well, OLD, and didnt seem to cause anything like this. :?

msoumas

RE: Re: RE: Can

Drive home = no stalls. If it doesn't happen again tomorrow morning, is there a way this could happen as a one-off or only occasional problem?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks