• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can't load pictures

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am currently trying to access the site from my home computer and keep getting a 503 error. This is occurring on multiple computers so not quite sure what is going on. Once these technical difficulties have been resolved I'll be posting pics.

Keith_J

503 is an error of the server here making a connection with your end. That it is on multiple computers there, try disconnecting all but the one you are using to see if a computer on your side is overloading your connection.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
503 is an error of the server here making a connection with your end. That it is on multiple computers there, try disconnecting all but the one you are using to see if a computer on your side is overloading your connection.
SS is the only site its doing that on. I've shut everything down, run CCleaner, and am rebooting now. If that doesn't work you're all out of luck as I'm going out to play with my new toy.

Another Ahab

I am currently trying to access the site from my home computer and keep getting a 503 error. This is occurring on multiple computers so not quite sure what is going on. Once these technical difficulties have been resolved I'll be posting pics.

Some fly in the ointment somewhere, and may or may not be related, but a few of us are also having trouble uploading photos. All a part of the entertainment!

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ran Ccleaner and Malware Bytes that should clear anything up and still getting a 503 error. Since its happening on anything using my WIFI I can only conclude its something there (easier than figuring it out). Tried resetting that as well with the same results.

As to the Waffle House issue we already decided to put 3 waffles on the front to signify our 3 WH conquests.

Another Ahab

Ran Ccleaner and Malware Bytes that should clear anything up and still getting a 503 error. Since its happening on anything using my WIFI I can only conclude its something there (easier than figuring it out). Tried resetting that as well with the same results.
Run into the "503 error' issue before, and patracy was over-the-top helpful to pull me out of it:

- relates (at least on one level) to making a link from the web directly to the site here. A security thing: you get "banned" for the security of the site. Did you possibly make some similar kind of link, inadvertently, over the last few days?

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Run into the "503 error' issue before, and patracy was over-the-top helpful to pull me out of it:

- relates (at least on one level) to making a link from the web directly to the site here. A security thing: you get "banned" for the security of the site. Did you possibly make some similar kind of link, inadvertently, over the last few days?
Worked fine Monday when I left and then didn't when I got back so no idea whats going on.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just spoke with an IT friend and he said SS is under attack. Can access. Via phone but not computer. I PMd PATracy in case he didnt know.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Just spoke with an IT friend and he said SS is under attack. Can access. Via phone but not computer. I PMd PATracy in case he didnt know.
No, it's not. You've just gotten trapped in the security system. Please email me the IP of your computer.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Away from home but will as soon as I get back. Friend said when he tried to acess he was redirected and a download started which is why he thought an attack.
Which is a 3rd issue, and not related. (Your friend has some malware/spyware on his PC that is being highjacked because of the javascript google ads) Non registered users are shown google ads. There's been a lot of exploiting of browsers around them. (We used to have it set for normal users to display, but I removed that)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks