• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can't remove Master cylinder m35a2

Lust4GreenSteel

HELP Can't remove Master cylinder m35a2

The TM says that after you remove everything, you should back the MC into the frame and remove. End of task.

It doesn't seem to be that easy. I removed the 11/16 fitting on the back of the MC to get it to clear the frame opening, but now the back of the MC is hanging up on a solid line (frame brake line?) just above it.

Am I missing a secret of some kind. Is this like those magic puzzles where you have to twist the links in the exact orientation to each other or it won't come apart?

My truck lives at a farm 90 miles from where I live, so I have limited time to work on her. I am at the farm today, but may not be able to return for several weeks. I would really like to get this MC replaced this trip, so any suggestions or advice will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Last edited:

TB58

It is a pain to get it out of there. It helps to take the boot off the front of it. as long as the line is removed from the rear of the MC just a game of turning pulling and pushing to get it past everything.

Welder1

I just replaced mine if it has a plug on the side at the rear that has to be removed so it will fit in the hole on the cross member. Some master cylinders have them some don't. My new replacement didn't have that but the original did. It comes our fairly easy then.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks