• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cant start a M1008 with batteries

84cucv1ton

two sets of charged batteries, glow plugs check out. i had to move it, i put jumper cables on. starts right up.

fully charged batteries could barely crank it over. i checked what i know. nothing worked. what could i be missing? i have no clue

thanks for the help

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dirty terminals? Clean the inside of the cable ends and the posts of the batteries with a brush. I had a truck that had some grease on the terminals and they had to be TIGHT to get good cranking power. Apparently, that grease was non-conducting... :roll:

JohnFire

Also check all large power connections and the vehicle ground. Losse connections can do the same as low batteries and dirty connections. I saw the same thing with a brand new truck that when I wired all of the emergency lights on it I didn't torque the ground down enough. I get afraid of breaking studs off. It would only start on jump or intermittent but kept acting like low batteries.