• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cant Wait!!!!!!!

12vman

Im just sitting here kinda pumped cause in the AM Im off to pick up my 2 M101A2s w/ rails bows and covers from Ft Knox.

Its the little things that make me happy........................carry on

nexgen91

Im just sitting here kinda pumped cause in the AM Im off to pick up my 2 M101A2s w/ rails bows and covers from Ft Knox.

Its the little things that make me happy........................carry on
Im feeling the same way, I will be off to Ft. Bliss for my M101A2 (rails and cover included) in the morning, good luck and have a safe trip. Kind of makes up for me not being able to get the 1911 I wanted today :(

rosie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good luck and congratulations. As a suggestion: download pictures of your purchase with identifying marks and bring them with you; not saying someone would deliberately switch trailers on you, but those pictures are worth a thousand words to settle just which unit(s) should come home with you!

12vman

Good luck and congratulations. As a suggestion: download pictures of your purchase with identifying marks and bring them with you; not saying someone would deliberately switch trailers on you, but those pictures are worth a thousand words to settle just which unit(s) should come home with you!

Already been done....thks!!!!

12vman

just got back and Im pretty happy w/ my two A2s. Brand new tires on both,very very little surface rust in fact I dont think I will even need to paint. The one I got cheap, because in the pics it looked like the cover was torn, turned out to have a perfect cover(water down in the cover btw the bows made it look like it was ripped but it wasnt)..plus that cover was over fiberglass rails

The load out was super easy at Ft Knox since i had a trailer and didnt hv to go through the visitors center

GL was super careful about loading w/ the forklift and even aired up one of my trailer tires that somehow had a nail in it....even told me exactly where i could have it plugged

now I have to educate myself on the surge brakes....lol

Last edited:

rosie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's all a learning experience. RE: woodhauling, check out our post with pics, Trailers still at work. You might enjoy seeing them still being more than a pretty face...have fun!!

nexgen91

Got myn as well, not as perfect as it looked in the pics from the GL site. But Im not going to complain to much since I got it for $350 (way less than what I would have paid for a M416 in rust bucket condition). Just needs a little TLC. It has got a few small holes and a small rip in the cover, the bows and rails are a little on the old side (they are wood and showing there age, nothing a little sand n paint cant fix), the tires are somewhat dry rotted (dont care since I am going to replace the axle/wheel anyway to match my truck when I get the funds) and a little surface rust to fix. This is going to be my offroad/camping trailer so Im not to concerned about perfection anyway.

unit880

just got back and Im pretty happy w/ my two A2s. Brand new tires on both,very very little surface rust in fact I dont think I will even need to paint. The one I got cheap, because in the pics it looked like the cover was torn, turned out to have a perfect cover(water down in the cover btw the bows made it look like it was ripped but it wasnt)..plus that cover was over fiberglass rails

The load out was super easy at Ft Knox since i had a trailer and didnt hv to go through the visitors center

GL was super careful about loading w/ the forklift and even aired up one of my trailer tires that somehow had a nail in it....even told me exactly where i could have it plugged

now I have to educate myself on the surge brakes....lol
GL was super careful with the forklift?! LOL I picked up my first m101a1 from Wright-Pat last week and it had several fork lift dents and dings. It appears to have a brand new bed, new tires and a real good cover. I got it cheap, so I can't complain. Going to use it to dump as much gravel and whatnot as possible...(Just kiddin'!!!!!!) Actually, going to use it for firewood, so I'll be dentin' it and dingin' it myself.

rosie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Excellent for firewood; easy to line it with a couple pieces of scrap plywood to cut down on the dings a little bit..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks