• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Canvas is sticky and discolored

garlar4

Banned
So sorry if there is already a post on this. I searched and could not find anything. my Canvas is sticky and discolored im thinking tree sap as there was some on the body however the canvas cargo cover is sticky and discolored on the entire top. My top on the passenger compartment has nothing on it. Can anyone help me out here on whats going on. I have done some searches and some post on tent forums talk about the waterproofing causing this and others talk about tree sap also. anyone run into this and come up with a solution and what is causing it?

garlar4

Banned
Now that's a good question because I didn't consider that I just assumed it was canvas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Probably tree sap and dirt.
Wal mart has kaboom foam. It is great. Spray on, walk away and rinse 15 min later.
Make sure to get foam not cleaner as bottles look very similar.
Used on my covers and doors and awesome. Also used on my hood.
Best stuff I have used.

papakb

I've got to agree with the no pressure washer comments here. If there's stitching anywhere near where your pressure washing it'll just blow it away. Find a good cleaner and then put some elbow grease into it. We used to call this material Herculite in the Navy and the stuff lasts darn near forever but once it starts to stiffen up in the sun it's time to replace it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks