• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

canvas top installation

fuelhog2000

Hello all, almost done my m220 now with an m211 bed and truck looks great. My question is with my new top. Truck didn't have a top when I got it and there are no roof bows. Is it supposed to have any? Also what are the 3 small straps for on the windshield at the top and on my new top from New Life Canvas at the front? Thanks guys.

fuelhog2000

thanks for the pics, this does help but i still don't know what the 3 straps are for, anybody? 3 on the top of the windshield and 3 on the outside of the new canvas at the front.

txdodge43man

My DADs M135 does not have any top bows either. I think the three little straps on the front of the top are probably there for rolloing the top up for storage but im just guessing.

butch atkins

there should be 3 straps with mating ends with a sliding buckle so that when you roll the canvas top [,its called the roof paulin in the TM 9-8024] up with the windshieild in the down or up position ,the canvas top makes a nice neat roll,the metal buckles are bolted to the windshield frame,look on page528 in TM 9-8024,and that top you have from New Life is WAY better than the one i got from them before they changed owners,really like the zip out rear window option, nice job ,nice truck,and yes there are no roof bows you tighten the s#*! out of the ropes so the top and back form to the truck cab frame,

fuelhog2000

thanks for all the help guys, I'll get some pics of my truck up on here soon. I have dial up at home so pic loading is slower than my deuce!