• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Canvas Top

Milsurp

Mine has begun to show signs of wear and tear. I have some sources available to purchase a new rag top but.... how difficult is it to actually install? My M37 is a 1954.

Thanks!

jedawson1

Not sure, but mine was real easy to remove. The rope behind the cab requires a screw driver to push it off the tie down points. I would imagine the reverse to be pretty easy.

3dAngus

I might be needing one soon. I purchased a number of HMMWV tops just to see if they might be cut and sewn to fit, but it turns out it might be easier to just buy one.

Will you share your sources with us?

Roller

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine has begun to show signs of wear and tear. I have some sources available to purchase a new rag top but.... how difficult is it to actually install? My M37 is a 1954.

Thanks!
Not that difficult. I bought a new cab cover from New Life Resource and had no trouble installing it myself. I had never put one on before and it proved to be fairly easy. Stand in the cab, throw the top over the winshield, thread the front of the top into the retainer on the windshield, pull the top back over the top bow, slide the sides into the supports, clip the tabs into the top side supports and tighten it up.

Frank

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks