• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Captive Or Weld Nuts?

M-37Bruce

I managed to save about a dozen from my bed disassemble, but so far had little or no luck welding them back in place.
Does any body no of a source for now weld-nuts?

Larry Sage, You got your ears on?
8)

scooter01922

No sweat man, go to fastenal.com, type weld nut into the search box and poof 118 matches. Click the results and it will bring you to a page that lets you look for the right part by attribute. Not sure what size ya need or i would have figured that out for ya to. Any issues with fastenal and i'm your guy, just PM me.
Scott

zak

Hey Bruce how have you been? I got mine from Mcmaster-carr. Are you putting a new floor in or just cleaning up the old?

M-37Bruce

Bed Nuts/Captive Bolts

Hey Larry, Scott, Thanks for the call back!
New to me floor, bought an entire bed in early spring from a guy in Chancellorsville, VA. I think I found 'em at McMaster-Carr, 50 pcs, 8$ & change, does that sound right? Scott, there is a Fastenal shop just down the road, I'll go there first!
I'll see if I can find a couple of pictures of it?
Thanks Guys

Attachments

scooter01922

I'll save you a trip, chances are that the fastenal down the road won't have them in stock. Unless an industrial customer in the area happens to use a bunch of the correct size ones they just won't have em. But if you order them online theres a good chance they can be there for monday. Most things fastenal carries are in a warehouse and can be ordered in quickly.
Sorry man
Scott

Jones

If all else fails, the older style square nuts (stove bolt nuts, hay-bailer nuts, pump jack nuts) make pretty passable weld nuts. Put them in position, tack them on two sides, run a tap through to clean up the threads, and you're in business.

zak

Thats sounds right Bruce. If I ordered something from Mcmaster-carr it made it to my porch the next day. Bruce while you have it all in pieces take and clean the inside of the rear bed cross member, tape up all the holes and slosh por in it. MORE PICTURES!!!!

M-37Bruce

Captive Nuts

zak said:
Thats sounds right Bruce. If I ordered something from Mcmaster-carr it made it to my porch the next day. Bruce while you have it all in pieces take and clean the inside of the rear bed cross member, tape up all the holes and slosh por in it. MORE PICTURES!!!!
Hey Larry,
Sorry for not getting back sooner, took some sorely needed time for another vice, fishing, women & beer, not necessarily in that order, but did 'em all. That POR is a great idea, I wish I could add a captive nut in there as well<LOL>!
I will take more & post them also. 8)

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks