• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

car show in Houston / Spring

two.fiveM35

Last Saturday my son's and I took the deuce to our first car show. Only requirments to show was that it had to be 1979 or older. There must have been over 100 cars there, the guy at the entrance had a very surprised look on his face when I pulled up. We were not sure how it would turn out but it was great. The kids and the veterans loved it. We truely enjoyed the reactions from the vets that walked up. Most had stories to tell and the smell of the truck brought back memories for them. The stories were great to listen to and they loved to tell them. God bless our vets.
They put the show on every Saturday evening in the Kroger parking lot at Spring Cypress and Champions Forest. My son's want to do it again so we may go back in a couple of weeks. Anyone want to come? Check in is around 6.

Attachments

OL AG '89

Sounds cool..... A lot of vehicles there?

We have a "show what you want" car show every Saturday in Atascosita, near Quizno's and 24 hour fitness.... across from Kroger????? on 1960......

About 20 or 30 regulars and a lot more drive by's...
I've had the M1009 and son's '74 K5 out there...

Everyone loves the M1009, especially when they find out its a diesel....

Not sanctioned, just show up and park it.... no fees, no free t-shirts, no naked ladies... well not often:wink::wink:

two.fiveM35

There are about 100 there and it is put on by a 50's car club and cost $5. Most of the cars are nicely restored 50's and 60's cars. I think I may have been the first mv to show up.

bryan70546

I worked in spring trails for 3 months doing irragation installs for all the new houses going up , talk about a nice area .Good looking truck you have there . My wifes uncle lives on Cypress also . Does Jim pruette still have his deuce .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks