• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

carb and govenor question

flobble

I started to rebuild the carb on my M37B1 this past week and have two questions. First, what is the paint that they are covered in, it strips off easy, but now I'm wondering if I should repaint it when I'm done, anyone have any ideas? Secondly, and more important, when I took the govenor apart, I noticed that the shaft that goes into the closed chamber slides in and out with no effort, I had asumed that it worked like a dashpot and that there would be restriction in movement, is this correct or do I need to start looking for a new gov. Gotta say I was impressed at how clean everything was on the inside, short of the fact that there was a small copper rivet in the bottom of the accelerator pump chamber, not sure how that got there!

Paul

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks