• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

carbon monoxide!

pitpawten

Sorry guys I had no right ,Have made many mistakes in my day last night being one of them.Al
Guys he came back and apologized ^^^ we all make mistakes, good to see someone big enough to admit to them if you ask me.

Back to the thread, it's been a good wakeup call for me, I'll be working on putting CO detectors in the shop now.

kenet3621

Thanks all for the warnings.

I use the van of my M1079 for camping in the winter. I have a Big Buddy propane heater (it shuts off in O2 level is low) but I also bought a carbon monoxide detector.
Per the instructions I mounted it high on the wall and I test it each night before turning on the heater.
r
CO Detector (2).jpg

m109a2

Hey Billyzz you will just fine with the battery detector just include it in your pm. I have a m35a2W/W and a m35 frame mated with a m109 and a 105 lunette and I have two a co above cooking area and one above my rack.Did not mean to draw a bead on you just drunk and stupid lol spelled stupid right this time.Al

pitpawten

Man another good reminder here, heard also on another forum this week of a mother and child who died in the car while waiting for the husband to finish digging it out...definitely a wake up call for me on this one

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I use this as my key ring. A foot from the CUCV exhaust, it measures about 150 PPM. In the cab, the highest I've measured is 8 PPM, after idling without a breeze. I read that OSHA says 50 PPM is the safe limit for 8 hr exposure. I've measured 5 PPM in my wife's Jetta, sitting in traffic.

I trust the guys at Aeromedix to carry solid gear. I'm not connected with them, just a happy customer. They have newer models available now.

http://www.aeromedix.com/safety-equ...ctors/pocket-co-300-carbon-monoxide-detector/
View attachment 604798
That's awesome, thanks for the link and recommendation!

I want to get one for my siblings and mother, but *ouch*, pricey little bugger.

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I remember years ago, while in the maintenance sweep for a convoy, we trailed an OLD M-816 gasser up to Grayling Mi. from Ohio. That truck never ran quite right, and I remember smelling it's exhaust all day during the convoy. My co-driver and I were a bit loopy by the time we got to Camp Grayling. It just goes to show, under the right conditions it doesn't even have to be your vehicle that a danger to you. If I remember right, that truck was built in '53, and it was the oldest truck in our unit, (we had it until the late '80's) and the only gasser in the motor pool. It was a real dog.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks