• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Carburetor adjustment for 2AO42, M274 engine

byrdman1312

I need to adjust the idle on a mule engine. I can't find my TM for the engine. Found the parts TM, but not the engine instructions. I put on a new carburetor, it's idling waaaaay too fast. I've done it before, but can't remember the details. I searched the forums and the TMs, but no luck. Any instructions would be appreciated.
Also, any carburetor rebuilt info would be appreciated. I figure it can be done, but I've never tried.
Many thanks!
Keith

bprzyw

There should just be a set screw with a spring tying into the throttle cable. When it’s turned off, work the throttle by hand and see what moves and there will be a set screw. I do not have a mule but would like to get one. Plus, a carb is a carb….

byrdman1312

Thanks friends, got the mule purring like a kitten. Now that I'm retired, I have time to do what I want to do. I'm getting back into the groove of turning wrenches, and working on MVs. The mule I've been working on is a M274A3 that I restored about 15+ years ago. Something that I ran into that was holding up my progress, was the governor rod going to the carburetor was rubbing on the side of the magneto. No sure how it got that way, but a small magneto adjustment sloved the issue. The rest of the fix was just adjusting the idle on the carburetor. This one had been sitting for a while. Thanks again friends!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks