• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CARC In Aerosol Cans

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Has anybody used the Sherwin Williams water-based CARC in the spray cans? I know they are selling DTL-64159 Type III CARC in the spray cans for touch up work. https://oem.sherwin-williams.com/products/metal/military-coatings/ Apparently, the single can contains both parts and a plunger mixes the two components in the can. It is available in 7 standard military colors. I don't know the cost. The cans are 600 ml total.

Last edited:

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gary, I did not know that Sherwin-Williams offered CARC in spray cans. Where on the page that you attached does it mention spray cans? Maybe I missed it. There is a company in NJ that sells CARC in spray cans, but it is pricey and I don't think they will sell to civilians.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Guyfang

Staff member
Gary, I did not know that Sherwin-Williams offered CARC in spray cans. Where on the page that you attached does it mention spray cans? Maybe I missed it. There is a company in NJ that sells CARC in spray cans, but it is pricey and I don't think they will sell to civilians.
They have been providing it to the Army for years. Or someone has. I havent worked on army stuff, for the army, since 2010. And we had CARC in the cans.