• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

carc paint question

junkpart

looking for a real carc paint that is really chemical resistant. I like whats on my truck the salt comes rite off it in the winter. I'm confused with all the paints out there a and I'm not sure if the substitutes are real carc.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Moved to the paint forum. All the types of paints have been covered hundreds of times.

Last edited:

zout

Behr Marquee Paint - I have put concentrated acid brite on this stuff and it holds up like NAILS. As long as you have laid it on right - no dust - dirt will stick to it and it is the bomb - CARC - unless you have really special needs its just a waste of money and time. But EH - what do I know.

tequilaiam

Isn't that pretty cheap for an auto paint?

I think I ended up paying nearly that for some dupont industrial coating that isn't really holding up two years on.

muthkw25

Steel Soldiers Supporter
just as long as it works as good as whats on the truck
You could go with Rapcoparts.com and use the Gillispie paint that matches perfectly with CARC for less than half the cost and buy enough to have extra incase of crashes. A lot cheaper and you still get the same look. The paint will also hold up. Just make sure to have it dry before adding more coats and it will do fine.

zout

OR - as you post - you can scroll to the bottom of the thread and see all the previous posts about CARC - painting or what ever instead of dragging this all out - its already been answered.
If your in AZ or PA or GA the costs all fluctuate and if you had it shipped to you it all changes. WHY paint CARC ? its all been answered here before. How to prep - how to sand - what to do all been covered and
all you have to do is search and read.

junkpart

OR - as you post - you can scroll to the bottom of the thread and see all the previous posts about CARC - painting or what ever instead of dragging this all out - its already been answered.
If your in AZ or PA or GA the costs all fluctuate and if you had it shipped to you it all changes. WHY paint CARC ? its all been answered here before. How to prep - how to sand - what to do all been covered and
all you have to do is search and read.
They should just close all forums and make just search engines for answered questions. every one who asks a question some one answers with a reply like this. I like to hear new replies and talk to other people with differentiate experiences.

zout

Not necessarily no - but it you search CARC you will see nearly everything answered and questioned on it.

If you start typing in a question at the very bottom of this thread you will see previous posts pop up that can be read - just in case no one searched.

The question is - Do you need IR resistant - biological chemical resistant - radar resistant paint on your MV ? There are a few more dangers working with this stuff than a normal Urethane or Poly which gives you everything CARC has except the questioned neccessities ? Its just a question and it was only a suggestion. With only 13 posts a lot of folks can help if you have searched.

Prices vary across the county - availability varies across the county - what types of CARC that is available across the county varies.
IF your dead set to have CARC - get a hold of your SW dealer that carries this locally because Haz Mat costs will put a damper in your wallet.
And yes I am answering from a fella that has it on his shelf and has sprayed several vehicles in it. Have a spray gun you do not want any more because the stuff is abrasive (but you already knew that).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks