• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CARC paint

Manstein

Chaplain Emeritus
Anybody got a line on where to get CARC paint from that is not expired? Also, I thought I saw a thread a while back where there was some comparrison on using Rustoleum or Krylon colors that where pretty close but I can't find it by searching. Anybody else remember it?

poppop

SECO in Agusta Ga has it in 55 gallom drums. Told me they would fill my can if I brought it to them. Sherwin Williams has to be an industrial store, the home paint stores can't get it.

acetomatoco

RE: Re: RE: CARC paint

I would not use CARC due to the application and health problems.. The solution is to use the same colors in air dry enamel... RAM

maxim

I have a sand painted truck and if you have one, you will notice the CARC paint absorbs oil, grease, boot prints ect. With no access to CARC, I have used Rustolium "Putty" colored paint to do touch up on rust spots . It is real close at 5 feet away. It does have a bit more sheen, but comes in spray cans and conventional quarts, and less of a health issue.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter

I bought the new 2 part water based CARC from sherwin williams industrial in San Diego. They supply the the bases down there. I haven't shot it yet so I have no feedback regarding application, etc.

Boatcarpenter

Sermis, I bought some touch up in rattle cans from Army Jeep Parts Inc. Label reads as follows:
Gillespie Coatings Inc. Paint
34094, "383", CARC Substitute........ Was a pretty good match for my truck
BC

red devils dude

PPG can match it to two of there paint lines one is PPG# DAR46260 thats the color and paint line info
I think its a Polyurethane Acrylic Enamel by the mane of Delstar it's $131 a gallon the other is
Concept 2K Urethane with the hardener catalyst etc it's $300 a gallon but it's the best paint PPG makes.

Goldeneyesone

Mr. Manstein
i want to tell to you that the date of expired wroted on the can of CARC paint, it's not the expired of the paint but it's the expired of the metal drum!!!
Stay in touch,
Umberto
www.armanino.it

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks