• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Carc question

edgebar

the carc has a sandpapery feel to it, a rough texture. do any of the carc alernatives have a similar texture? i would like to restore one of my m1009's to as close to original as possible.
somewhwere here i saw someone say one of the national paint stores has a water based CARC, does anyone have any expierence with that?
thanks in advance for any help

91W350

I have a water based CARC alternative on my M1008, but it is much smoother in texture than the original paint. It is fairly flat, but does not have that sand paper feel. Glen

Jones

The one-part CARC is moisture-activated. Is that what ytou mean by water-based?
The instructions say to use a .070" tip. And to keep the paint well mixed to keep the solids suspended. Those solids, in addition to the way it's applied, are what gives the rouigh texture.
Don't stir the paint in the can, that folds in air/moisture which accelerates curing. Just keep shaking the paint gun or pot.

Attachments

tcody

The shirwin williams industrial stores has real CARC - the regular stores won't know what you are talking about.. I haven't purchased any in a couple of years, but it was not too expensive and it is exactly what you need. Just follow the directions and ventilate well and it should be fine job. Let me know if you are having trouble finding the correct information; I can help sort it out.
Cody

tcody

The shirwin williams industrial stores has real CARC - the regular stores won't know what you are talking about.. I haven't purchased any in a couple of years, but it was not too expensive and it is exactly what you need. Just follow the directions and ventilate well and it should be fine job. Let me know if you are having trouble finding the correct information; I can help sort it out.
Cody

kvitt

I used Rapco Tan on my cucv, does not have the exact texture as CARC, lot safer to use...
I did not want to contaminate the ground water or area around my wifes horses and family...
The RAPCO goes on really well, just wore a simple dust mask and sprayed it...Cleaned up the mess and went on with it...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks