• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CARC tan question

cmayer85

I recently bought 2 m818s out of eastover sc. i am looking for a tan to match the color that they currently are to do some touch up but im having a hard time finding it. its not the normal "desert sand" tan color. its a lot lighter. any help is appreciated.

Attachments

Last edited:

cmayer85

i picked up some krylon camo ultra flat khaki color and it wasnt even close. my truck is more of a yellowish tan and the krylon was a browner tan. thats why im having a hard time because its not the normal desert sand tan color.

ranchhopper

My wrecker was desert tan too it was a depot rebuild it had a lot of sun fade too the second picture is when I just got the truck the first is after I painted it. The third and fourth pics demonstrates the sunfaded paint as opposed to the fresh paint.

Attachments

Last edited:

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bulldog_MacK13, what a great looking combo, your 818 & 127 both look great!!

Do you have the side panels for the 127? If so, did you paint them as well?

comdiver

I like the light color tan. I haven't been able to get a real answer. Last year there was a trailer outside of the armory and the guys were touching her up. I asked what the color was and they showed me the Home Depo can. So who knows.

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
The Military uses whatever they can ge their hands on if they dont have the right paint. I helped paint the back of a LMTV with Krylon , was it the right color , no , but its what we used for that. If you want the right color then go look for 383 CARC Tan , or Rapco's substitute. If you dont care if its the right color or not buy Krylon , Home Depot or whatever you like. Its really up to you and what you want your truck to look like. [thumbzup] , Jay

T

televisionman007

The Military uses whatever they can ge their hands on if they dont have the right paint. I helped paint the back of a LMTV with Krylon , was it the right color , no , but its what we used for that. If you want the right color then go look for 383 CARC Tan , or Rapco's substitute. If you dont care if its the right color or not buy Krylon , Home Depot or whatever you like. Its really up to you and what you want your truck to look like. [thumbzup] , Jay
hey bulldog that does look sharp. I decided on jus 2 colors aswell

lindyp38

rapco ..has a great product......i use their carc green......

since the national guard guys use krylon ultra flat for black and tan...ill be using that same paint......

MASIC

Take a small piece off your truck and get some paint made up. This will be the easiest and best way to do it. I color matched mine and bought cases of paint.

Attachments

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you use Gillespie paint : Post-Vietnam trucks used 30277 Camouflage Sand.
Current Trucks use 686 Tan carc substitute.
The 383 that was mentioned in earlier posts is only brown, or green.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks