• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cargo bed cover

ah1955

Would like some info about the cargo bed cover, mainly the stakes(uprights) the cornor pieces, and the center section.
My deuce has the troop racks on and it looks like there was a wooden stake in some of the pockets with a lag bolt run in with the stake just cut off, other ones are empty.
My question is are the uprights wooden and if so could a nice set be home made and what are the center sections made of, have seen them listed different places and would like to buy the corners(looked like Saturn was sold out) and build the rest if could be done.
Where would a good pic. and dimention referance be found. One price listing I was looking at I figured about $330 to buy all the pieces, if just had to buy thr corners should be some savings.

Armada

Contact GMA http://www.gmacover.com/DefaultUS.asp
They have the covers and they might have the complete 'kit 'too, at least they have the kit for the cab. The covers are reasonable and very high quality, (they make them for Uncle Sam), but I think the complete kit is expensive. Check with them to be sure, but you may do better finding the bows and corners elswhere.
I just ordered another top from them, for my M101 trailer.
Here's a pic of their cover. They have 3 color camo, solid green, and tan.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
John Tennis and his team of Amish Craftsmen make the bows and wood products as well. I've not seen them but if they have JTs name on them, I assure you they are top shelf stuff.

colyork

I just got ten from a guy not far from me for $10 I can chechk if he has more.( which I think he has) If he has them they will be $1.00 each plus shipping.

ah1955

Have seen all the places you guys brought up, as matter of fact will be calling GMA sometime this week to order there cab cover, would love to add a cargo cover kit to that order(had better hope that would make the back of my deuce a real nice place to live)
Was going to try to build the stakes and bows a little at a time, was not sure of sizes or if the bow has a center connector or is arched some how. Thought after buying the corners and a good oak wood might not save anything but could do them one at a time as funding becomes available.

Stan

Mine are oak, bows do not have a center connector,but are arched (bowed with about a six inch rise). My uprights rest in the bottom of the pockets. With a table saw all would be easy to fabricate. Uprights need to fit loose enough to allow for expansion when they get wet. Up rights could be cut out of the 2 x4 part of an oak pallet. Would take sometime to bow the top pieces,but easy enough to do.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks