• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cargo bed drawing

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would think you could find a used one a lot cheaper than having one made for you. If you do have one made, you might want to try to borrow an A2 from someone for the shop to copy the bed from. This will have to be very expensive.

boblester40

Hi thanks for the replys , there is one in the uk which is £700 plus my travel it would work out about £850 by the time i fetch it , there are some in europe the cheapest was 350 - 400 for a rough one so by the time it is shipped we are back to £800 - 900 again . The company i work for has a sister fabrication company who has estimated 250 - 300 worth of steel and then a days labour for some one to cut and bend the plates , i would then weld it up myself to save money so it is far cheaper .

unfourtuantly they just aint that common in the UK .

thanks bob

cmayer85

how long would it take you to weld it up tho? i know my time is worth money so if it takes 2-3 days to fab it up whats that worth to you? i have been on your side and have realized somethings initially seem more expensive but are a lot less in the grand scheme of things

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
To return to your original question....

I do not know of any dimensional drawing for the beds. I have a drafting background and dabble in drawing for my own projects. Surely, someone has already recreated drawings or has access to originals/specification drawings.....

Come on, Troops - - - We've got an allied SteelSoldier DOWN :!: . . . :grd: . . . :driver:

boblester40

how long would it take you to weld it up tho? i know my time is worth money so if it takes 2-3 days to fab it up whats that worth to you? i have been on your side and have realized somethings initially seem more expensive but are a lot less in the grand scheme of things
Not sure how long but even it took a couple of weeks on and off it would not matter I have tubs of welding rods lying about so it would not cost me anything apart from time and i enjoy doing this kind of crazy stuff :)

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not sure how long but even it took a couple of weeks on and off it would not matter I have tubs of welding rods lying about so it would not cost me anything apart from time and i enjoy doing this kind of crazy stuff :)
I applaud your ambition, Sir.
I will do some further digging and research to see what I can come up with for you.

You might consider sending a PM to one of our resident MV experts and published historian - member name: "David Doyle". If anyone has or knows where to find such drawings, I would suspect him to be one of the most suspect. :grin:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks