• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cargo bed mounts

txturbo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone have pictures of the mounts on a cargo bed and what diameter the bolt holes are? I bought a 5 ton that originally had a fifth wheel and the guy took that off and has a cargo bed to go on it. I need some idea before I drive two hours to mount this thing before I drive it home.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone have pictures of the mounts on a cargo bed and what diameter the bolt holes are? I bought a 5 ton that originally had a fifth wheel and the guy took that off and has a cargo bed to go on it. I need some idea before I drive two hours to mount this thing before I drive it home.
Putting a cargo bed on a truck tractor generally requires a bit of fab work. The wheelbase isn't the same length between the cargo trucks and the truck tractors.

Cutting the bed down to 12' works well if you remove the spare carrier and air lines and go right up to the cab.

txturbo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Putting a cargo bed on a truck tractor generally requires a bit of fab work. The wheelbase isn't the same length between the cargo trucks and the truck tractors.

Cutting the bed down to 12' works well if you remove the spare carrier and air lines and go right up to the cab.
I’m aware. I just need the pictures.

Reactions: 98G

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I’m aware. I just need the pictures.
Sorry, I don't have any.

What I did for mounting brackets was 3/8" plate 3x8" and drilled a hole to line up with an existing hole on the truck frame. Once the bed was in place, i bolted the plate to the truck and then welded the bracket to the bed rail with the bed already positioned.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
IMG_7731.jpg
Rear mount. Had 3/4x2-3/4” bolts from the factory.
IMG_7733.jpg
Mid mount, the same.
IMG_7736.jpg
The front mount had two captured double springs with two 5/8x9-3/4” bolts per side.
IMG_7741.jpg
Let me know if you need anything else, I finally have my truck back at the house for the summer.

txturbo

Steel Soldiers Supporter

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a fella on here that made it so his bed had a kingpin welded under in so he could latch the bed to his fifth wheel truck same as a trailer but take it off to use other bed implements when bed wasnt needed ! He was at the windrock rally the last 2 years and i think his name was john others in here will know who im talking about ! A really kool idea if you need 1 truck to do many tasks !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks