• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cargo bed rope tie down points

Stalwart

I've tried looking with various search terms and I'm probably using the wrong terminology but what do they call the bent round rod that is welded to our bed sides to affix the cargo cover ropes? I've tried various "tie down" or "tie-down" "bracket" to no avail. I'm having new aluminum bed sides made for the HEMTT and I want to find some that I can bolt or rivet on. Any ideas on where to find some? I know I can make them but why go to the effort if they are available somewhere.

Thanks!

mckeeranger

I've tried looking with various search terms and I'm probably using the wrong terminology but what do they call the bent round rod that is welded to our bed sides to affix the cargo cover ropes? I've tried various "tie down" or "tie-down" "bracket" to no avail. I'm having new aluminum bed sides made for the HEMTT and I want to find some that I can bolt or rivet on. Any ideas on where to find some? I know I can make them but why go to the effort if they are available somewhere.

Thanks!
They're called "Lashing Hooks".

Ours are bolted on both the M35A2s, but welded on the XM817.

You might try calling one of the bigger parts suppliers, or try to find a salvage yard nearby.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks