• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cargo bows

APM215

Has anyone ever made a set of cargo bows? uprights, corners and bows?
I just bought a cargo cover and I need the bow set, but at over $400 for a set that is too much for me to spend.

Thanks.

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would think you have another option for obtaining bows and hoops besides purchasing new or manufacturing.

Our classifieds sometimes have ads by fellow members who are selling items that may fill your needs. You might also find good used pieces at some of the MV vendors.

Rick

bill2444

I made two replacements this winter. Ripped down some old warped oak from the barn. Was to just get by for the winter so the snow doesn't collapse my cover. But the warping matched the originals close enough think i'll leave as is. I would look at a lumber yard for some warped lumber (probably get it discounted)

APM215

I'd rather not used the classifieds and would prefer to fabricate something on my own. I already had issues with the cargo cover not coming with the bows despite asking for a quote for their "KIT" that they had advertised and receiving only the cover. Then I was told that the Kit advertised doesn't come in green - AFTER I received the cover only and I emailed to question where the bows are. For this reason, I would like to fabricate myself as I'm really not confident in purchasing over the internet anymore. Especially since I bought the supposed Cargo "KIT" from what I thought was a reputable company; AND a SS Member...

deathrowdave

I used white clear white oak from a lumber yard . You Tube has a few how tos on steam bending wood . This worked easy . Total cost was about $60.00 for all uprights and bows .

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I got my truck from GL it came with 1 bow and the cover in the bed , Been looking for 4 reasonabily priced bows since . On friday I was given a complete set by another member here in town who is bobing his deuce . Definately some good members on this site.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll got a bunch of used corner pieces (wood too but weathered bad). I don't know what shipping would be to Canada.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would guess with a membership of over 25,000 people there will always be a few that are less than honest unfortunatly .

jtron79

shady business

If a SS member stiffed you for $1200 i think it's important we all know who it is. that is obviously a very high price for just a cargo cover. And anyone who would do business like that deserves to be outed!

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Agreed. I'm just bitter after forking out $1200 for just a cargo cover and no bows when I had asked for them from the beginning of the transaction and now I'm complety out of money to spend on the truck.
:rant:
HOLY COW!!!, $1200 for a cargo cover!!!! HOLY COW!!!!! That thing better have come with a lifetime warranty against everything AND better have been gold lined AND cooked breakfast, lunch, AND Dinner. They were selling last year at Aberdeen for 125-300 for the cover and another 100-150 for the bows. HOLY COW!!!!!

scranch18121

Value is in the eye of the beholder.

If he thought he was getting a good deal and was getting all the components to cover his cargo.... then only get the top.... he got ripped off. That sucks.

He needs to say who it was and maybe that will 'nudge' the seller to send him everything he paid for.

Just another opinion.........

APM215

It appears that my experience is concerning to some members. I do not wish to publicly humiliate the company but if you are interested in knowing who it was please send me a private message and I will respond. I agree with other posts that if I clearly requested a quote for a Cargo KIT as listed on their website and they came back with $1,200 US; why would I think its just for the cover? That wasn't the product I asked for and I can't imagine a cargo cover costing that amount of money unless like CARNAC said "better have been gold lined AND cooked breakfast, lunch, AND Dinner" I appreciate everyone's concern - all in all I have found the people on this site to be extremely helpful and this is the first negative experience that I've had.

combat32

Wish you were closer, I have several sets and would give you a set if you would come pick them up, oh, and bring a couple Sam Adams:mrgreen: