• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cargo Box Light

Armada

Heres another feature I added to the M35. Since it's a hassle to find something in the back of the duece when it's dark out, especially with the top on, I added a light. It's an armor light mounted on the headache rack. Wires run down in front of the box and are joined with waterproof military connectors in case the rack needs to come out.
I mounted a switch for it inside of the cab. You can see it in the photo, below the steering column and next to the 3 way light switch. I leave the armor light switch in the cargo box in the 'on' position and just turn it 'on/off' from in the cab. Saves from climbing in the back and going to the front of the box to operate it. And if I'm camping in the back, I can still control it from there too. The white light on it is quite bright, plus they are waterproof and can take a beating.

Attachments

rmgill

I want to wire two of these up in my truck. Adding a switch to their feed is a good idea. I'd like to hang them from the bows so I have a good spread of downlight.

Mike_Pop

On the inside of most Unimog radio boxes, there is a dome light that is enclosed in a metal cage. I'm not sure if they are waterproof but they make for a decent overhead light. They come in white and blue lenses.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks