• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cargo Cover canvas straps

86M10086.2L

So I just got my new cargo cover setup for my M1008. It is a complete take-off setup from another SS members truck. Overall I couldn't be happier. Only one of the turnbuttons/cutain fasteners or whatever you want to call them is damaged. The cover is brand new, and the setup even came with the safety strap that goes between the troop seat to keep GI Joe from falling out. The only issue that I have is some of the canvas straps that secure the top bows to the for corners of the truck are rotted/rotting/broken. I found a few places that sell replacement fasteners. And I see that OD Cloth sells lengths of strap material and hardware. But does anyone make CUCV specific replacements strap kits? Or have a set lying around? I can make something work for now but eventually would like correct replacements. Originals or repro would be fine. I think I'm gonna start with my used vinyl cover I picked up earlier so my learning curve doesn't damage my nice new one. I know a few others have had this problem but searching the forum didn't net any answers. So I don't know if they got anywhere or just gave up.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just a suggestion, check with some local tent and/or awning shops to see if they can match the webbing and hardware.

Armada

I bet you could give Beechtree or Weebee the strap dimensions and they could produce a set for you. Mine are kinda dry too, but still hold tight. They'll need to be replaced someday.
For future reference, does anyone like GMA still produce the complete cargo cover for the M1008?
I'm also looking for a few replacement fasteners. (see pic) I haven't been successful in locating a source.

Attachments

Last edited:

Mtrdrms

I bet you could give Beechtree or Weebee the strap dimensions and they could produce a set for you. Mine are kinda dry too, but still hold tight. They'll need to be replaced someday.
For future reference, does anyone like GMA still produce the complete cargo cover for the M1008?
I'm also looking for a few replacement fasteners. (see pic) I haven't been successful in locating a source.
For twist fastener see part#118-520 in link below. Might work out for ya.

http://www.sor.com/sor/cat118.tam?xax=14912&page.ctx=cat118.tam

Andy

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bump. Anyone find anything out on these straps. I need them as well as the one (if there is one) that goes across the top bows. I went from no 1008 tops to having a really nice used one, a brand new one and a NOS Winter cover. If the weather is anything like last year, I'll need the winter one and my new Big Buddy heater for the FL Rally. The winter one is heavy as heck, near 90#.

lindyp38

Can u please post a close up pic of these straps...as i dont have them....but do have to bows......

Especially the top that seems to connect all the bows....thanks

rnd-motorsports

86M10086.2L If your lookin or anybody lookin I took all those turn buckles or whatever you call them off mine most are in real nice working condition anybody interested in any to replace some let me know will ship you a few pm me

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks