• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cargo Cover Help on M35

englishmauser

I have a vinyl type cargo cover with rubber straps at the bottom that stretch to hold it to the truck box. It has webbing straps in the middle to roll up the sides. How can it be held in place so I can drive with the sides rolled up? Thanks.

ironhorsethegeneral

The vinyl tarps that I have the front section (curtain) does not roll up. It remains strapped to the front of the bed and holds the front down. The rear when rolled up properly will hold the rear down. That is basically it. What I do on the sides I just wrap the strap around the pole once and hook it on top.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a strap that is secured to the bow corner. Once the sides are rollled up, they are exposed and can be hooked to the buckle on the top of the cover.

ida34

The strap on the elbows is only for the actual canvas tops. They have a buckle on the outside. The vinyl uses its own straps so the straps on the elbows are not used. As previously stated, The front stays secured with the straps at the front outside of the bed. On the rear there are two straps that wrap around the rear bow. These straps also create tension so the cover does not sag as much between the bows.

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
On most of my plastic clips, the bar that provides the tension is broken off. My straps slip right back through and are unable to support the weight of the rolled up cover.

Does anybody know where to find replacement plastic clips or a viable workaround?

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
on my newer cargo cover, it does not have the plastic clips on the cargo cover, rather ovals of the same material molded on the cover so its almost the same thing as those "d" ring things on the cover that face out. on the inside of my cover, there are no places for the straps so i am not sure what the military used when they rolled up the sides? there is straps to wrap up the back part of the cover but not the sides. :roll:

Bad Karma

On most of my plastic clips, the bar that provides the tension is broken off. My straps slip right back through and are unable to support the weight of the rolled up cover.

Does anybody know where to find replacement plastic clips or a viable workaround?
I'm having the same issue. Did you ever find replacements? If so, where? Apprciate any help :)