• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cargo cover install help

bones1

Hello. I just received a rear cover, side vertical uprights, corners and bows. I was told the uprights need to be cut because they are 69'' long, too tall for a Deuce. I do have the troop seats installed also. My question is what length do I cut the 69'' uprights to work with a Deuce cover?. Thanks for any help.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know I've posted this at least a few times(seen it posted many times).

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, unless you have the uber rare stave stretcher, I'd try the 53" cut first!

bones1

Now I am on the horns of a dilemma
" A situation that requires a choice between options that are or seem equally unfavorable or mutually exclusive".

Last edited:

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't know if your up rights have allready been screwed to the metal corners but I found a little trick. You install the compleat set up on both front and rear .
On the front cover brace push on the bow and cock it forwards then have someone if you can help and drill the holes in the upright where the two screws go that hold the upright to metal corner on both sides.
The rear is the same thing but push it rearwards.
This helps keep cover a little tighter.
Don't know if you are going to even screw any of the cover braces together but I do just the two as I store more than use my covers.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
You could always put it together and measure how much needs cut off. Thats what I did with the hemtt bows and lmtv cover. Pretty sure I chopped off 12".

DUECE-COUPE

you may want to wait and see if there are any regular uprights available. what you have, is a set from a high bow kit, and I am sure that there is someone out here in the SS world that would love to trade you for a regular set

Crawdaddy

Forgive my ignorance, but there are uprights in addition to the troop seats for the bows? I haven't seen any of the uprights for sale from when I've looked. Any good sources for them? I'm actually looking for a complete bow set if someone has one for sale...

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Forgive my ignorance, but there are uprights in addition to the troop seats for the bows? I haven't seen any of the uprights for sale from when I've looked. Any good sources for them? I'm actually looking for a complete bow set if someone has one for sale...
Going to the Ga rally?