• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cargo cover question

Moosemcnally

I have a new style rear cargo cover on my 923a1. How does the cover stay on the truck while all the sides are up? Or can it not be driven this way?

tmaxxgod4

I would love to know this as well. but I can add that mine has black straps that are sewn onto the cover, And tan buckle straps that are bolted to top bows. when I run with the sides up I use the tan straps. but I have no idea why there are 2 or what is correct.

F18hornetM

on the M813 and M35 we roll the sides up and there are straps on the bows that go around the roll and hook to the top. Shoot we used to sleep up there...long ago!! Look at avatar, M35 sides are rolled up. I don't know about new covers but mine are that way anyway

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not sure about your covers, but the LMTV and FMTV/MTV have straps inside the cargo cover that strap it to the bows. They also have straps to hold the sides/front/back in the rolled up configuration (even though I've tried to convince my guys to roll inwards so they don't collect and 'store' water in them).

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would love to know this as well. but I can add that mine has black straps that are sewn onto the cover, And tan buckle straps that are bolted to top bows. when I run with the sides up I use the tan straps. but I have no idea why there are 2 or what is correct.
The GMA brand has its own black straps sewn in already. That is all I use as my tan cover is GMA. I think they are the only mfg that has their own straps. You roll up the sides and clip them in to the loop on the top of the cover.. Hint roll from the inside so water does not collect and stain. I learned that the hard way my first summer using it. The weight of the cover is enough to keep it in place. You leave the front corners down and tied off. I have driven on the interstate at 60 mph with no issue and they do not move rolled up. Only time my cover slipped a little sideways was in a severe afternoon thunderstorm parked with high gust wind downshears.

I also have the tan straps on my bows but do not use them. You can roll it using those and it would work but I found it is not as tight. Now if you live in Chicago or Oklahoma maybe use the bow straps.......

Last edited:

Moosemcnally

That helps ...thanks! Mine has the straps to roll it up I just didn't see much holding it down once the super rope is undone.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks