• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cargo Cover Stave Measurement

MitchG

Could anyone tell me the measurements on the staves that fit from the tops of the troop seats to the bow corners on the cargo cover?
My truck didn't have troop seats or a cover when I got it. It had long staves on the sides attached to the bow corners and bows but no cover. I have since rounded up a set of seats and a cover and I think I have everything but the pieces that go from the top of the seats to the bow corners. Looking at the seat supports I see that they are hollow all the way thru. Do the bow staves go all the way thru the seat supports that fit in the bed pockets? If so I can use the parts that came with the truck.I did some looking in the tm's but didn't find anything with actual measurements on those pieces. Any help would be appreciated.

AceHigh

I measured on the truck so I could be off an inch or so... I measured 47".

You can use the red or white oak planks (1X3") from the big box stores but you will need to plane off a little or it will jamb in the hole so tight, tight as a, well you know.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have had bows with the wooden staves that go all the way down into the racks, to the floor of the bed. They tend to get stuck or get rotten. Then the short metal ones which have their own problems...

Pics show dims. and also giving some ideas for replacement/improvement...

G.

Attachments

jatonka

The staves are 45 inches long. If you can find fiberglass staves, they are super. never get stuck. If you can't, try Gringletaube's method, it looks good. JT out

MitchG

Thanks guys. When I got the truck it had bows and staves mounted in the bed pockets but no troopseats. After looking at them, I think they are the staves that go into the troopseat uprights. They are the fiberglass ones as well. I will measure them tonight to be sure. Was going to get some pics of them last night but the weather wouldn't cooperate!! I'll get some this weekend and post them in case it will help someone else out.

Green_gator

Mitch,
I have a number of wooden ones in fair shape if you need them. They are just taking up space and I would rather see them used then burned up in a camp fire. I am sure we can get them up your way if you do not need them immediately.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks