• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cargo cover

firefighter1

ok I have the canvas for a cargo cover on my 5 ton but is there a way to get a pattern to cut it out my canvas is 30 foot by 40 foot any ideas besides "hey why not go buy one" I have the bows and all just need the cover and it will give the wife something to do

armybrattony

Best i can say is look at pictures to see how the corners lap over. And then start by drapeing it over the center section first. And then the ends second.

Moto2four

If I were you, I'd find a carpet installer. They are pros at sizing and cutting stuff like this to size. Show them some pictures of a cargo cover, and go over the details of overhang, etc, and I'm sure they would be of great assistance.

My step dad installed carpet before he opened his own business, and anytime I have something like this I enlist his help, and I've never been disappointed.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
If there is an auto or boat upholster in you area you might check with them. Do you have real canvas (old school cloth) or plastic (new style). Canvas is a bear to work with and a lot heaver than the new tarps. You will need gromets installed for tiedown points.