• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cargo cover

hand grenade

Hey yall i need some advice. My cargo cover on my m35a2 likes a foot all around from covering the bed completely on the sides. I have already taken a foot off each side and still have enough room to stand up in it (im 6'2"). However, i think id rather cover the bed completely than to be able to stand straight, especially for camping. What would yall do? Chop it or leave it? In the research ive been doing i noticed most people have a lower top. This may sound dumb but its something ive been putting thought into and need some friendly advice. Thanks.

cbvet

A buddy of mine has a Deuce with much taller side staves, but the extra height is filled in with sheet metal. Looks a little odd, but is nice to walk around in.
Eric

dentman

my deuce came with extra canvas sewn in. The side staves are pinned with drywall screws in eylets on the seat stakes. If i want the standard height i just roll it under. It doesnt have the end covers so its like a nice summer tent LOL

Attachments

Last edited:

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It sounds like you have the extended height cargo cover. If you don't care about looks...only that it is good for camping...let it hang down low. The big problem you will have is fastening it to the bed. There are no tie-downs that low, although I would assume you can find tie-down points. I have slept many nights in the back of a deuce. The standard cargo cover is just fine. I suggest either extending the height of your bows to accomodate the cargo cover that you have (preferable), or trading your cargo cover to a guy who wants the extended height version and has the standard cargo cover. Personally, I find the extended height covers to be more functional, but they look less attractive...at least to me...and this is coming from someone who has an extended height cargo cover for my M814.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you like the height, check with check with pctrans. He has a cover with the extra foot sewn in and its for sale. If not, chop your staves down some more. Like Bruce, the tall cover is great for camping but less pleasing to the eye.

hand grenade

Yeah thats exactly what mine looks like but without the extra canvas sewn in. thanks

my deuce came with extra canvas sewn in. The side staves are pinned with drywall screws in eylets on the seat stakes. If i want the standard height i just roll it under. It doesnt have the end covers so its like a nice summer tent LOL

hand grenade

It sounds like you have the extended height cargo cover. If you don't care about looks...only that it is good for camping...let it hang down low. The big problem you will have is fastening it to the bed. There are no tie-downs that low, although I would assume you can find tie-down points. I have slept many nights in the back of a deuce. The standard cargo cover is just fine. I suggest either extending the height of your bows to accomodate the cargo cover that you have (preferable), or trading your cargo cover to a guy who wants the extended height version and has the standard cargo cover. Personally, I find the extended height covers to be more functional, but they look less attractive...at least to me...and this is coming from someone who has an extended height cargo cover for my M814.

yeah i cant fasten the top to the bed so i have it temporarly tied to the top two bench seat boards. sorry i dont have a picture. thanks

hand grenade

If you like the height, check with check with pctrans. He has a cover with the extra foot sewn in and its for sale. If not, chop your staves down some more. Like Bruce, the tall cover is great for camping but less pleasing to the eye.
yeah i dont find the tallness pleasing to the eye. im leaning more towards chopping the staves on down. thanks

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you have bows that are extended height, sell them and buy the right bows. Those bows are fairly rare.