• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cargo cover

MILRET45

Don't know if this will ever help anyone but back in March I purchased a NOS cargo cover with bows and straps on EBAY listed for a 2 1/2 ton. It was an expensive freight item from GA to TX and I didn't get into the box for a while. Long story short when I did unpack I found that it is a 2540-00-121-9082 kit for the 5 ton with the one-piece cover. Don't know if the seller knew this or not but it's too late to do anything about it. The bows are good to go with a spare but I'm stuck with a 14' cover.

The point of the post is a bunch of the 5 ton cover kits were sold on GL in May, same stock number as above. Hopefully they won't end up being mis-represented in subsequent retail sales.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
:funny: :grd:

If you do a search on the forum here, there is at least one thread with pictures where a member cut down the 14' cover to fit a deuce....didn't seem too awfully hard.

Thanks for the heads up.

papercu

Don't know if the seller knew this or not but it's too late to do anything about it.
The guys in Macon? Probably didn't know better but they are good to work with. I bought some stuff that had a problem and they worked with me on a refund. Wouldn't cost anything to try and would at least let them know for the next time. Wayne

poppop

Do they still have any covers for a five ton?? I am on the look-out for a new one for a spare as mine is showing a little wear. Macon is real close to me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks