• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cargo Hook Capacity Anyone ??

rivercreek

I've been unable to locate any information on the weight capacity of the multiple tie downs located on the inside of the Deuce bed sides. Anyone happen to know? I've not had much luck searching TM's or SS so far. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm assuming that you are talking about the tie-downs located in the bed of an M35A3? These were added to A2 beds as part of the ESP program. I don't know the capacity, but they are fairly stout and very handy. I would simply use some common sense when tieing something down. I doubt you will find a spec.

rivercreek

Thanks for the replies. Yes, it's an A3 bed. I have a 4.5 cu yd salt spreader to secure in the bed and im having my doubts from the "common sense" aspect as you mentioned glcaines.. Without knowing what these points are rated, I guess I'd better err on the side of safety and install some D-rings on the floor... Oh well.

JCKnife

Can I see pics? I have often wished my A2 bed had tie-down hooks and have often thought about having some welded in.

quickfarms

Thanks for the replies. Yes, it's an A3 bed. I have a 4.5 cu yd salt spreader to secure in the bed and im having my doubts from the "common sense" aspect as you mentioned glcaines.. Without knowing what these points are rated, I guess I'd better err on the side of safety and install some D-rings on the floor... Oh well.
Your common spence is right on.

That much weight needs to be chained to the structure and not the sheet metal.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks