• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cargo troop cover help

BILLDEUCE

Can someone please point to a TM or explain to me if you are able to role the side up on cargo cover and leave the top attached and how this is done when looking at it to me. Is this able to be done or will it blow off ? I must be missing something somewhere. Thanks Bill

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have the straps on the bows but do not need them as my vinyl cover has its own straps on the inside that connect to the outside as there is black plastic circle pocket with a loop for them to clip to.

The front of the cover is strapped to the front of the bed and the 2 front corners strap to the corner of the bed side. The back has 2 straps on the inside that go around the bow. Different straps and buckles than the ones to roll it up. That is enough to hold the cover down with the sides and back rolled up. I have traveled down the interstate at 60 with it rolled up with no issues plus the cover has some weight to it already.

Trick I learned the hard way is roll up on the inside. At first I rolled to the outside and it does quite a number in retaining water and dirt and leaving stains if you leave it that way. During the summer at the Boy Scout camp I keep it rolled up for 2 months at a time. The new "trick" is roll it to the inside and there is no pocket to hold water and dirt. The straps on the inside will work either way and they will cinch tight. Same thing for the rear flap.

I have seen another brand of cover that has the loops on the outside sewn in but not the black plastic pockets.IMG_0365.jpg

Csm Davis

Can someone please point to a TM or explain to me if you are able to role the side up on cargo cover and leave the top attached and how this is done when looking at it to me. Is this able to be done or will it blow off ? I must be missing something somewhere. Thanks Bill
I would like to see this also is there a tm for the covers?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks