• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Case 1150e / 1155e Dozer / Loader

RobertoGatos

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any dozer / loader owners out there?

Picked up an 1150 awhile back that was setup as a convertible. (once armored, no longer the case)

Screen Shot 2021-08-24 at 11.04.36 AM.png

Have since found a new enclosed cab / ROPS and am working on getting it running now. The machine was missing all of it's front drive accessories off the motor (fan, AC compressor, alternator - all gone) and that's what I'm working on replacing now.

Was wondering if someone with one of these machines could let me know what AC compressor they have, and the pulley diameter? Unfortunately this application doesn't use the civy compressor, and the military TM's are MIA. If anyone is able to find those, I'd be very grateful!

Here is the 4 bolt pad mount for the compressor:
Screen Shot 2021-08-24 at 11.03.47 AM.png

The alternator uses a short hinge, J180 mount so that should be easy enough to track down. Thinking a delco 22si. Fan, mount, and pulleys have already been ordered.

Anybody out here with one of these machines? How do you like it? The drive system is very unique, and It's a great size tractor. Those were my main attractions. Any pics of you working one?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That has the Case version of the 6BT right?
That is a strong tractor except for one thing I don’t like. When pushing hard and you press the steering pedal to change direction a little, it completely declutches that track and poof you lose all forward momentum. Other tractors reduce speed on the track not declutch it.

RobertoGatos

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is a strong tractor except for one thing I don’t like. When pushing hard and you press the steering pedal to change direction a little, it completely declutches that track and poof you lose all forward momentum. Other tractors reduce speed on the track not declutch it.
Yep, its the 12v 5.9, another highlight for sure.

Interesting comment on the steering, that actually why I was looking at this machine. Being able to make power turns and counterrotate tracks without having a hydrostatic system. It was one of the things I hated about my D4C, (and all non-hydro cat's up to 6's) being only clutch brake tractors. Was using the differential track speeds not helpful for turning?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep, its the 12v 5.9, another highlight for sure.

Interesting comment on the steering, that actually why I was looking at this machine. Being able to make power turns and counterrotate tracks without having a hydrostatic system. It was one of the things I hated about my D4C, (and all non-hydro cat's up to 6's) being only clutch brake tractors. Was using the differential track speeds not helpful for turning?
I hope yours is newer or has a different drive. The 1150 I was running was a 90’s machine.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does the case not have pull out cutting clutches like caterpillar low trac tractors had like 1940 thru 80s before it all went in the left hand to steer and speed ?

RobertoGatos

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Theres 4 types of drive / steering: differential, hydrostatic, clutch / brake and twin transmission. Each have up / down sides.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks