• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cat 3116

Hi there, I need some input . I went a little crazy a few months ago I bought a GMC Topkick that was in an accident just to get the cat 3116 turbocharged diesel engine and Allison transmission to drop in my 1967 M35 Deuce. I was also going to rob out the AC system and modify it to my truck. I wanted to make my deuce a little updated.
Well I have to cut my plans off.

Well my WIFE was going over everything I spent for our taxes and ending out the year of what I spent on this truck and my other projects, Well she blew a gasket ,need I say more.:(

To save my marriage and keep her from killing me I am getting rid of the top kick idea. Before I list the engine and trans on Ebay what should I ask ??

I looked on Ebay, but there are no 3116 engines listed, what is fair price for and engine and transmission with the radiator ? I know I paid too much for the truck but I kind of went out of control.

Last edited:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
The last yaller engines that sold out of Redstone (they looked new and were listed as being for the MRAPS) went for about 13k each.

There are several on line diesel engine sales sites......type in "Caterpiller 3116 for sale" and see what pops up.

I saw ones for 10K and up , but is that nuts ? I bought the whole truck for $5500. And it was a roll back I still have the deck. Can you imagine a deuce roll back, that was one of my crazy ideas. I was going to put low pro tires on a m35 and make one. My wife told me I was insane I spent 19K on my projects !

I was told by her if I used it for business, but I never made it work !!!!

When I asked her this question she told me MY UPCOMING visits to the Psychiatrist are going to be deductible !

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well she blew a gasket
There's no Tech Manual for that repair! And, Since they all seem to be wired differently, your on your own. Sorry

Jbrowning22

Does she pick out what dress your are going to wear for the day in the morning?

If you don't consider yourself irresponsible, and you didn't spend money on a project that you couldnt afford........you have some wife re-training that needs to be done.

treessw

A refurb lower on the cat 3116 from the dealership will run you roughly about 17K and thats with you also donating what good parts are left to rebuild your engine. I bought a M35A3 for the engine to pull it and use it on another truck and so started my addiction!!! auaauaaua

When looking for a replacement trans, found the engines being pulled all going for $4,000 to $8,000. And, they appear to often be sold before they even get pulled out of the A3s being stripped.

Deuce007

I have seen them from $2,250 up to $5,500. But the thing is that you dont need to sell it as an army truck engine, Many people use the 3116 in the caterpillar d5 and d6 bulldozers.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
The engines are listed on truckpartsinventory for 1500-4k depending on mileage and condition. What transmission is with it though? AT545? MT643? MT654?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks