• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cat 7155 gurus??

powersmoke18

Anyone ever payed attention to the operating temp of this transmission? I was towing an m925a1 yesterday and it got up to around 200 degrees. Is that the average temp that they run at? The tm says 40-225. But it just sounds hot to me! Any help would be appreciated!!

goodguyzy

Hauled the M35a3 on lowboy today and the hottest the gauge showed was 160. 90+ heat today. Something does not sound right, either my gauge is off or maybe yours is off? Hope some others with m916 or m920 can chime in. And yes the TM says anything over 225 is bad but towing that "small" of a load and getting that hot would worry me a bit.

goodguyzy

Update. Today hauled a boom lift, 13k+ lbs. Total drive back loaded was 1.5 hours. Outside temp was 95+ The third mountain pass I hit 200+ but that's about as hot it would get and then go back down under 200 till i hit a hill again.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks