• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cat 7155 issue

DIESEL GUY

Hoping someone can guide me in the right direction with this cat 16 speed transmission. Currently only able to obtain reverse and neutral. With air system above 80 psi reverse works and neutral but any FORWARD gear oddly set the transmission into Reverse. Not certain if this would be and issue in the control module or a clutch problem. Any suggestions would be great.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's a problem with the valve body. Once in a while mine gets confused like that as well. Add a good bit of Mystery oil into the air line feeding the 7155 and hope for the best. Reman valve bodies are available if that does not fix it.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wonder if there is a way to install the air tool mist oiler that you attach to the air tool. That way the system gets misted instead of one large amount. Also maybe consider a dryer service and or replace/update your dryer? Thought someone added too much oil at one time and blew out an O ring but I could be dreaming.

Last edited:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Wonder if there is a way to install the air tool mist oiler that you attach to the air tool. That way the system gets misted instead of one large amount. Also maybe consider a dryer service and or replace/update your dryer? Thought someone added too much oil at one time and blew out an O ring but I could be dreaming.
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?t=54233

Its from parker

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks simp5782. Yea getting old and forgetting a lot but I remember the thread now and I even posted on it. The good thing about loosing my mind is I can hide my own Easter eggs and have fun finding them.

DIESEL GUY

just a quick note. I add just a small amount of oil to the supply line for the valve body and our truck is up and running again. :)

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If this truck is anything but a hobby vehicle I would suggest having a valve body on the shelf ready to install. One day the oil trick won't fix it.

DIESEL GUY

Sounds like a good plan. I have a spare that I can rebuild and have ready. Hopefully that will buy me some time to rebuild one.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks